Wednesday, March 29, 2006

one word

during my weekly sunday visit to the coffee shop of my choice, i noticed a word etched into the paper towel dispenser in the men’s bathroom. the word was “forgive.” and i started to think about the power of that one word. it’s stuck with me ever since.

i wondered what it would be like to place a word on the door of my dwelling place. one word. a word that i would see as i enter. and a word that i would see as i exit. the same word. but what would that word be? i like “forgive” because i need the reminder to do that – not only with myself and my children, but with others that i encounter throughout my day. and yet there are so many other words that have power. love. freedom. acceptance. goodness.

what is that one word?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breathe!

Anonymous said...

Honor.

Anonymous said...

Shine!