Tuesday, March 28, 2006

spiritual molting

i’m starting to realize that i’m not satisfied. i’m not satisfied with who i am. i’m not satisfied with who i’ve become. i’m not satisfied with life. and i’m not satisfied with my faith. there is all of this stuff within me that just gets in the way. and yet there is something within me that is wanting to get out. it’s wanting to be set free. it’s wanting to be birthed anew.

i think my soul needs a good molting. i need to shed the old for something brand new. i need to rid myself of those areas of my life that are dead (or should be dead). i need to discard the unhealthy so that i can become healthy again. and i need to lose the skin that is keeping me from the growth that god has for me.

but i’m not sure how this works. what does it look like? what does it feel like? and how can i become content with the process. for i’m sure that once i shed that which is holding me back, the process will most likely start all over again.

there is something
within me
that is new
and fresh
but can’t be revealed
until that
which is dead –
which holds me,
robs me
restricts me –
is cast off
and left behind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Molting...

Just when I get comfortable in my skin, it's time for it to come off!The new skin's itchy and tingly, but when I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the water, I realize that my new scales sparkle with youth! Oh, how I love to sparkle!! So,I adjust. I get comfortable. I appreciate me. And then,I start to itch again!

Molting...

I hate it and love it at the same time. It's the same with most everything that I see and that I am.