Sunday, September 28, 2008

thoughts and words

i am beginning to notice that the older i get, the more i stumble over my words. it’s as if my mind is working faster than my mouth and the words just can’t keep up with my thinking. i sometimes wonder what that means. perhaps i just need to slow down a bit. not only in my thinking, but as i do life in general. (that’s probably for another blog however.)

here are some things i wonder about. how well are my thoughts matching up with my words? how much time do i give to clearly articulating my thoughts and representing them accurately? or am i just rambling much of the time? or better put, how many words do my thoughts have? or should they have?

does the idea of using only a few words imply too much self-editing and a lack of transparency? and do too many words imply the exact opposite? i’m learning to use the right number of words. but it’s definitely a work in progress.

No comments: