Tuesday, September 23, 2008

are you happy?

i’ve been wondering why so many people i know are unhappy lately. unhappy with their jobs. unhappy in their relationships. unhappy with their possessions. unhappy with their faith. unhappy with their course in life. and ultimately, unhappy with life itself.

so i’m starting to ask the simple question, “are you happy?” and then i listen. my hope is that i’ll learn from others. from those who are happy. and those who are not. i never tire of learning. all the while, asking the same question of myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it makes me happy to see you're blogging again. oh an i just left a really good conversation with someone i just met and i think i was happy about that. happy happens in flashes for me, and i probably should spend a lot more time taking note of when those flashes strike and give thanks. but there's another word out there that reaches across the broad spectrums of my life and clouds it with it's unmet expectations, and that word is 'satisfied.' for my constant state of dissatisfaction i blame tv and coca cola and plastic and lip balm and money and politics and google and fudge. okay maybe not. but maybe.

ttm said...

I ate a Dove dark chocolate today. On the inside of the wrapper it said: "Love is the key that opens the gate to happiness."

What do you think?
Is that true?

And, is there a difference in being happy and being full of joy?

To answer your question, I'm very happy right now. And not just because I had chocolate...but that helps. And not just because you are blogging again...but that helps, too.

Anonymous said...

everyday is a great day and because of that I am always happy.

peripheral in africa said...

really? always?

Anonymous said...

yes, really because everyday spent above ground is a great day.