Friday, October 19, 2007

dramatic passion

my wife and i picked up the munchkins on tuesday and headed for home before proceeding over to our brother and sister's place for quesadilla night. and as we entered our dwelling place, i could smell the sweet aroma of freshly baked brownies. apparently, my wife had just cooked a batch for the kids and i to snack on prior to dinner. (she's so amazing.)

it took a few minutes for the kids to realize that the brownies were there, but the moment they did, they both wrapped their arms around stepmom in a moment of triumph and joy and exhileration. (in fact, i think time may have stood still for a brief moment.) and then our youngest daughter – in a voice of sheer desperation – says, "i am begging you . . . please can i have some?"

that's when it hit me. i wish i could cry out in the same words and voice to my heavenly father, "i am begging you . . . please can i have some?" but i don't have that same passion for the spiritual right now. there is a part deep inside of me that wants it. i just don't feel it.

and so as i write this today, i cry out to the one who made and formed me, "i am begging you . . . please help me find that passion."

No comments: